The Kid's Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about fun.
2 Great locations in Toronto & Vaughan.
WINTER - January 6, 2018 to March 3, 2018
Click here for the Spring Schedule April 14 to June 9
Scroll Down for the Winter 2018 Kid's Cooking Class Calendar
- Children will learn the basics of food preparation, kitchen safety, cooking and baking techniques, measuring, knife skills, healthy eating – but most of all, they'll learn how to have fun creating and enjoying delicious food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on entertaining and interactive cooking experience for children.
- Your budding little chef is sure to enjoy the world of "sticky fingers" and they may even make dinner for you one day!
What Do We Offer in our Kid's Cooking Classes?
- There are themed classes on Saturdays during fall, winter and spring
- Week-long camp sessions at Christmas Break, March Break and during the summer vacation period.
Testimonials From our Jr. Chefs - click here
The Chef Upstairs is 100% nut and peanut free. We take pride in being allergy aware, so if your child has other allergies, be sure to let us know.
COST - $525 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$75 per class plus HST
» Click Here to Register Now or call 416.544.9221
Winter 2018 - Kids Cooking class Program
Saturday January 6th to March 3rd
- Classes are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Saturday
- Two locations to choose from:
- Vaughan (Hwy 7 between Keele and Dufferin)
- Midtown Toronto (Mt. Pleasant Rd - south of Eglinton)
- Parents may drop off or stay and watch
- Your choice - book the 8 week program or pay by the class
- No class on Family Day Weekend - February 17, 2018
- Age Group: Grade 1 to Grade 8
- Back for our 10th year, our Kids Cooking Class program is a "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get our Jr. Chefs comfortable in the kitchen, trying new foods and most of all to inspire kitchen creativity.
- Students will learn to make all of the recipes from scratch, learn to use a variety of utensils, learn kitchen safety and hygiene, how to properly measure dry and liquid ingredients, how to follow a recipe, table etiquette and much more.
- Students will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class or take them home.
- This program will equip your child with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
- Classes are 100% Hands-on
or call 416.544.9221
WINTER 2018 SCHEDULE
January 6th - Let's get started - measuring concepts, slicing and dicing, kitchen safety and getting comfortable with the stove.
January 13th - Hey Mac, where's the cheese? - kids will learn how to make a delicious mac and cheese from scratch, along with simple garlic bread
January 20th - That's Italian! - kid's will make their own pasta from scratch and then convert it to a delish ravioli
January 27th – Chinese New Year - the kids will learn how to make fried rice, chicken chow mien and fried wontons
February 3rd - Superbowl for Kids - loaded nachos & guacamole and chicken fingers with Buffalo Wing Sauce, that they will be able to repeat at home.
February 10th –Valentines Fun - baking and decorating valentines cookies and treats for their secret valentines
February 17th - No Class – Family Day Weekend
February 24th - Gourmet Breakfast for Kids – pancakes with personal garnishes, maple glazed bacon, and hash browns.
March 3rd - Iron Chef Grand Finale - this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the kids to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
COST - $525 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$75 per single class plus HST
» Click Here to Register Now
Children's Camps at The Chef Upstairs (click)
Children's Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)
KIDS COOKING CLASSES - Cancellation and Change Policy:
By purchasing a Kids Cooking Class you agree to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Change Policy as stated below.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- HST will be applied to all cooking classes.
More than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs by email or phone:
- No refunds. Students will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
Less than 7 days’ notice to The Chef Upstairs:
- No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
- Where a student fails to inform The Chef Upstairs or fails to attend registered class –No Refunds, credits or Rescheduling will be allowed.
Sickness, Injury or Inclement Weather, etc.:
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions for any reason including, but not limited to inclement weather, sickness or injury, family circumstances, traffic etc.
- You have purchased a "cooking class event”, no different than purchasing a concert event or sporting event ticket. All sales are final.
- If you fail to show up to your purchased event, there are no credits, no rescheduling no refunds, no matter the reason. Please do not ask for an exception, as you will be referred back to this policy.
- If for which ever reason you are unable to attend your class, please feel free to have someone else take your place.
Gift Certificate Use:
- Where a student intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above Cancellation policy is in effect. Failure to provide the minimum notice will result in cancellation of the Gift Certificate, regardless of circumstances.