The Teen Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about food and fun.
Winter 2017Classes - March 27th to May 29th
(Scroll down to see the weekly schedule)
Toronto teens will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on and interactive cooking experience for teens.
- Before you know it, you will be cooking and baking for your family and friends.
What Do We Offer in the Teen Cooking Classes?
SPRING 2017 Teen cooking - Weekly Program
March 27th to May 29th
Mondays from 7 PM to 9 PM
Age Group: 12 to 18 yrs
Pricing: $525 plus HST for 8 weeks or $75 plus HST per class
Our Teen Cooking Classes are a totally interactive and "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get teens comfortable in the kitchen, try new foods and most of all inspire kitchen creativity.
- Teens will learn to make all of these dishes from scratch and learn kitchen safety, hygiene and proper use of utensils and equipment
- How to follow a recipe, measure properly, improvise with spices and seasonings and much more.
- Teens will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class, and have the recipes to remake them at home.
- This program will equip the young chef with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
March 27th - Let's Begin
Tips and Tricks for Baking and Cooking
- Cooking is an art where measurements are often suggestions
- Baking is a science where precise measurements are required to have the food chemistry react as planned.
- This first class will involve knife skills, some simple baking and cooking recipes that will help our young chefs learn to differentiate between the two.
- Skills - knife skills; measuring, introduction to gas stove and oven
April 3rd - Fun Dessert Treats!
- This weeks class will feature Alfajores cookies from Mexico, a decadent chocolate mousse and "Whatever Floats your Boat" brownies where the teens can add their own fun ingredients to a basic brownie
- Skills - exact measuring, food chemistry, oven baking
April 10th - Italian Night
Chef Gaetano will share some of his Nona's Italian recipes with the class on this evening
- We will make our pasta dough from scratch and then make personal mini lasagna with our own homemade sauce
- Quick and easy garlic bread
- Skills - knife skills, using a pasta roller, food processor and stand mixer
April 17th - Easter Monday - no class
April 24th - Thai for Teens
Chef Gaetano spent a month in Thailand and he will share his favourite recipes with the Teens
- Thai Green Curry with Chicken
- Vietnamese Street Vendor Fried Rice with Crispy Pork
- Thai Gluay Buadt Chee - Stewed Bananas in coconut Cream
- Skills - chopping, stir frying; preparing dips and sauces from scratch
May 1st - Mexican Night
Celebrate Cinco de Maya with these fun Mexican dishes
- Baja fish tacos
- Green Chile & Cheese Quesadilla
- Home made tortilla chips and simple salsa
- Skills - measurement; baking, deep frying; utilizing Mexican spices
May 8th - Mother's Day Brunch
- Your Teens will learns how to prepare a special "secret" Brunch menu that they can serve to their Mums on Mother's Day
- Skills - measurement; baking math; secrets of great chefs
May 15th - Fun with a Grill
Time to surprise your family with your new grilling skills
- Grilled romaine hearts with a creamy garlic dressing
- Simple beef sliders
- Grilled fruits with homemade ice cream
- Skills - using a grill, vinaigrettes vs emulsions, using an ice cream maker
May 22nd - Victoria Day - no class
May 29th - Iron Chef Grand Finale
A surprise evening is in store for our graduating teen chefs. Think Master Chef meets Chopped meets Iron Chef meets the mysterious black box!
COST - $525 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$75 per class plus HST
Click Here to Book Now
or call 416.544.9221
For questions or more information please send us an email
Teen Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)