The Teen Cooking Classes at "The Chef Upstairs" are all about food and fun.
Fall 2017 Classes - Begin Week of Sept. 18th
(Scroll down to see the weekly schedule)
Toronto teens will learn the basics of food preparation, cooking techniques, baking, healthy eating ...but most of all, they'll learn how to create and enjoy great food.
- It's Toronto's best hands-on and interactive cooking experience for teens.
- Before you know it, you will be cooking and baking for your family and friends.
What Do We Offer in the Teen Cooking Classes?
- A different theme each night teaching a wide variety of cooking and baking skills
- Two great locations to choose from:
FALL 2017 Teen cooking - Weekly Program
- Week of September 18th to Week of Nov. 13th
- Two Great Locations to choose from:
- Toronto - Mondays from 7 PM to 9 PM
- Vaughan - Tuesdays from 7 PM to 9 PM
- Age Group: 12 to 18 yrs (born in 2005 or earlier)
- Pricing: $525 plus HST for 8 weeks or $75 plus HST per class
Our Teen Cooking Classes are a totally interactive and "hands-on" experience that has been designed to get teens comfortable in the kitchen, try new foods and most of all inspire kitchen creativity.
- Teens will learn to make all of these dishes from scratch and learn kitchen safety, hygiene and proper use of utensils and equipment
- How to follow a recipe, measure properly, improvise with spices and seasonings and much more.
- Teens will enjoy the dishes they make at the end of each class, and have the recipes to remake them at home.
- This program will equip the young chef with the skills to make meals from scratch and select the ingredients that they need to make healthy choices and tasty food for the whole family.
September 18/19 - Tips and Tricks for eating healthy but fun food – Yes, Healthy Food CanTaste Great. Example: Replace KD with a decadent and cheesy Mac ‘n Cheese; Replace Chicken Nuggets with Panko coated chicken tenders and homemade sauces; Replace noodle soup with homemade chicken noodle soup
September 25/26 – Italian Pasta night. Example: Pasta from scratch with a homemade tomato sauce. Caesar salad with homemade dressing. Bruschetta.
October 2/3- Celebrate the Fall Harvest - teens will make Corn Chowder, Loaded Potato Skins and Individual Apple Crumbles.
October 9/10 - Thanksgiving - no class
October 16/17 - Pizza Day – Learn how to become the “Queen or King of Pizza”. Your chef will teach you the secrets to making a great pie. Homemade dough and sauces. Thin crust and thick crust.
October 23/24 – South East Asian Street Food class – Chef’s surprise.
October 30/31 - Halloween Party – celebrate Halloween New Orleans style, incorporating, voodoo, wicka, and vampirism.
November 6/7 - Mexican Family Dinner – your Chef will instruct you on how to make a complete Mexican dinner, that you can repeat at home.
November 13/14 - Iron Chef Grand Finale - this is always a surprise. It will be a fun class that will challenge the kids to use all of the skills that they have learned in the previous 7 weeks.
COST - $525 plus HST for the 8-class series or
$75 per class plus HST
Click Here to Book Now
or call 416.544.9221
For questions or more information please send us an email
Teen Birthday Parties at The Chef Upstairs (click)